Olivia as Alice from "Alice in Wonderland"

Photobucket

Thursday, October 11, 2012

"No. 252 Rue M. Le Prince" by Ralph Adams Cram

I'm reading a collection of Haunted House stories. Since this short story takes place in Paris, I thought of Olivia.

"In three minutes we were sitting in the queer little garden of the Chien Bleu, drinking vermouth and absinthe, and talking it all over."

Absinthe made me think of the Old Absinthe House in New Orleans. One of my favorite haunts ;).

Four more favorite haunts...

The Pirates Alley Cafe and Absinthe House


Napoleon House (1797)




Eric Isaac's incredible photos of the Napoleon House (below).  He also has excellent photos of other New Orleans bars, bistros, restaurants, cafes and more.



htThe Napoleon House - New Orleans, Louisiana The Napoleon House - New Orleans, Louisiana

The Napoleon House - New Orleans, Louisiana


The Napoleon House - New Orleans, Louisiana

The Napoleon House - New Orleans, Louisiana


The Napoleon House - New Orleans, Louisiana

The Napoleon House - New Orleans, Louisiana
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ritechus/6862941328/in/photostream/

 Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar



http://www.lafittesblacksmithshop.com/AboutUs.html

Pat O'Brien's
It' definitely more of a tourist hangout now, however the locals still hang out in the main bar and the piano bar. The Courtyard is beautiful, as are all of the courtyards in the Vieux CarrĂ© /French Quarter. Uptown/the Garden District is beautiful,too. If you can't afford to take a trip to Paris right now, consider visiting New Orleans-the little Paris of the New World. 



 I have several other favorite places I love in New Orleans, but I decided to focus on a few bars/bistros/cafes. Perhaps, I'll post some of my favorite restaurants and sites in the future.

 Autumn always makes me feel nostalgic. My Aunt Pat passed away this October 3 in New Orleans. Since my father's passing on January 18, 2009 we have lost eight more family members. We have a HUGE extended family. It's been a rough 3 1/2 soon to be 4 years. Nature has been a great source of comfort. We are in the process of harvesting pecans on our property. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...