Olivia as Alice from "Alice in Wonderland"

Photobucket

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"Santa Fe Trail" on Blu-Ray.



             
I pre-ordered it , yesterday. I'm beyond angry that Olivia's name is not on the cover. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Don't even get me started on the fact that Olivia doesn't have a Box Set, yet.  Double Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

 Thankfully, I will receive  "The Dark Mirror" (Blu-Ray) in September. That will ease some of my frustration with Hollywood. However, they need to release more of her films on Blu-Ray. She won two Academy Awards and was nominated five times. She should have won for "The Snake Pit", as well. She was absolutely amazing. Olivia deserves the best!!  

I haven't watched "The Dark Mirror", yet. It will be a real treat. The reviews are fantastic. I especially liked this: "Once again, Olivia de Havilland proves that she is one of the most talented and versatile actresses on the silver screen." -Peter Andres  Like James Cagney said: "That girl (Olivia) can play any part ever written!"  Indeed. 

2 comments:

  1. I suspicious of this release since it is not Warner Brothers. My DVD copy looks horrible and for some reason there are many versions out there that are all bad. Will wait for reviews before I get it but it is a good film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rick, I took the plunge and ordered it because I don't own "Santa Fe Trail". I'm apprehensive and suspicious, too. I received notice from amazon.com that there was a delay. They gave me a new delivery estimate. I should receive it by September 22. I will let you know what the sound and picture quality is like.

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...